Grilled flat iron steak with worcestershire sherry marinade recipe
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Worcestershire Sherry Marinade
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Keep it simple with tender flat iron steak: A basic three-ingredient marinade. Inspired by Jon D.’s “Darn Good Steak”
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 flat iron steak (or more)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Combine Worcestershire sauce, sherry, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large plastic resealable bag. Add steak, seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes about 1/2 cup of marinade, enough for 1 pound of steak.
Reference: Grilled flat iron steak with worcestershire sherry marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.