Grilled flat iron steak with triple threat ginger spice rub recipe
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Triple Threat Ginger Spice RubThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Triple Threat Ginger Spice Rub is a flavorful and succulent dish that will impress your guests. The combination of the tender flat iron steak and the aromatic ginger spice rub creates a mouthwatering explosion of flavors. Grilling the steak adds a smoky char that enhances the overall taste. This recipe is perfect for a summer barbecue or a special dinner occasion.
Keywords: grilled, flat iron steak, ginger spice rub, flavorful, succulent.
Grilled flat iron steak with triple threat ginger spice rub recipe details
A flavorful steak gets that way with a rub from just three spices: Mustard, ginger and sugar. Call this the Miami Heat of steaks.
Ready in: 20 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 flat iron steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, ginger, and sugar. Rub steak liberally with the spice mixture, about 1 teaspoon per side.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 2 2/3 tablespoons rub, enough for 9 steaks.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled flat iron steak with triple threat ginger spice rub recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.