Grilled flank steak with bourbon mustard marinade recipe
Grilled Flank Steak with Bourbon Mustard Marinade
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Follow these directions for a smoky, bold tasting steak. Just like bourbon producers follow the rules–bourbon must be at least 51% corn, aged in oak barrels, and aged at least two years. Inspired by flamekissedsam’s “Bourbon Steak”
Ready in: 4 hours 25 mins
Serves: 1 steak
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 flank steak (or more)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 4 hours, marinating
1. Combine all ingredients except the steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Add steak to bag, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove the steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes almost 1 cup of marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Tags: recipe, Grilled flank steak with bourbon mustard marinade recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Grilled flank steak with bourbon mustard marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com