Grilled filet mignon steak with cola and orange juice marinade recipe
Grilled Filet Mignon Steak with Cola and Orange Juice MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for grilled filet mignon steak with a unique cola and orange juice marinade is a perfect choice for those looking to elevate their steak game. The combination of sweet cola and tangy orange juice creates a flavorful and tenderizing marinade that enhances the natural richness of the filet mignon. Grilling the steak adds a smoky char and caramelized crust, resulting in a mouthwatering dish that will impress any steak lover. With simple ingredients and easy preparation, this recipe is sure to become a favorite for special occasions or weeknight dinners.
Keywords: grilled, filet mignon, steak, cola, orange juice.
Grilled filet mignon steak with cola and orange juice marinade recipe details
The tenderest of grilled steaks gets a sweetness boost from cola. Inspired by DCHEF1’s “Coke Cola and Orange Juice Steak Marinade.”
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke(R)
- 1/2 can orange juice concentrate
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Knorr(R) chicken soup base
- 1 filet mignon steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Combine all ingredients in a large plastic resealable bag. Seal, turn to coat, and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups marinade, enough for 5 pounds of steak.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled filet mignon steak with cola and orange juice marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.