Filet mignon with garlic lime marinade recipe
Filet Mignon with Garlic Lime MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for filet mignon with garlic lime marinade is a delicious and flavorful way to prepare this tender cut of beef. The combination of garlic and lime adds a zesty kick to the dish, complementing the rich flavors of the meat. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a mouthwatering steak that is perfect for special occasions or a fancy dinner at home.
Keywords: filet mignon, garlic lime marinade, recipe, flavorful, tender.
Filet mignon with garlic lime marinade recipe details
This tender grilled steak gets heat from a marinade with garlic, chili powder, and red and black pepper.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 filet mignon steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Mix everything but the steak together and pour into a large, resealable plastic bag. Add the filet mignon, seal the bag, and turn/shake to coat the steak. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, then remove from marinade.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 1/2 cup of marinade, enough for 1 pound of steak.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Filet mignon with garlic lime marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 25 times, 1 visit(s) today