Grilled chicken pot pie recipe
Grilled Chicken Pot PieThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Warming, filling pot pie made in the great outdoors. A terrific recipe for the grill or over any hot fire.
Ready in: 1 hour 50 mins
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
1. Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.
2. Coat chicken with oil and place on grill. Cook for 20 minutes on each side, then remove from heat and chop.
3. In a large saucepan, stir the chicken together with carrots, peas, and celery. Add enough water to cover the chicken and vegetables. Place saucepan on grill and cook with the lid closed for 10 minutes, then pour off any water remaining.
4. In a deep skillet on the grill, melt butter and cook onions in hot butter for about 10 minutes. Add flour and celery seed, then salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken broth and milk, and bring to a low boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat.
5. Place pie crust in pie pan, then pour chicken mixture into the pan. Cover with the milk mixture, then place the top crust on the pie and cut a few holes (decoratively) in the crust.
6. Place pie on grill and close the lid. Cook for 30 minutes, let stand off the heat for 10 minutes, and serve.
Share this content!
Reference: Grilled chicken pot pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)