Grilled and basted catfish fillets recipe
Grilled and Basted Catfish FilletsThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Flavorful, never-dry catfish fillets are yours when you marinade and then baste with a flavorful tomato sauce. Stay by the grill, these cook up fast.
Ready in: 1 hour 22 mins
- 6 thick catfish fillets (about 3 pounds)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 (10 3/4 ounces) can condensed tomato soup
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 12 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. In a large plastic resealable bag, combine fillets and salad dressing. Seal bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour. Drain.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Scoop our 1 cup of the sauce and place in a second bowl; the rest of the sauce is yours to use in another recipe, if you want.
4. Place catfish fillets on the grill and brush with the tomato soup mixture. Close the grill and cook for 3 minutes, then flip and grill for 3 more minutes. Open grill, brush fish with sauce, and continue grilling for 3 more minutes; flip, brush with more sauce, and grill for 3 final minutes.
Reference: Grilled and basted catfish fillets recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)