Grand central strata recipe
Grand Central Strata recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces button or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bunches fresh spinach or 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 large eggs
- 4 cups half & half, milk, or combination
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until soft. Stir in spinach and basil and season with salt and pepper. Whisk eggs and milk together in a separate bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Grease an 8-1/2 x 11-inch baking dish. Cut bread to cover bottom. Spread vegetable mixture over bread. Top with remaining bread and cheeses. Pour the egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Place the baking dish in a large roasting pan and fill the pan with hot water halfway up the baking pan. Bake until browned on top, about 50 to 60 minutes.
Reference: Grand central strata recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.