Corned beef cabbage calzones recipe
Corned Beef & Cabbage CalzonesThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the delectable Corned Beef Cabbage Calzones recipe, a savory twist on the classic combination of corned beef and cabbage. This mouthwatering dish is perfect for those looking to enjoy the flavors of St. Patrick's Day in a unique and convenient way. Filled with tender corned beef, saut�ed cabbage, and a blend of flavorful spices, these calzones are baked to golden perfection. Whether you're hosting a gathering or simply craving a hearty meal, this recipe is sure to impress.
Keywords: corned beef, cabbage, calzones, St. Patrick's Day, savory.
Corned beef cabbage calzones recipe details
Italian and Irish cuisine got together and spawned this delicious, beefy snack. Serve on St. Patrick’s Day for a different twist to the holiday.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage (1/2 of small head)
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Jarlsberg cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped deli corned beef (about 2 ounces)
- Half of 32-ounce package frozen pizza dough, thawed
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour oil into a skillet over medium heat; cook onion in hot oil until soft, about 3 minutes, then add cabbage, carrot, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Simmer covered over low heat for about 10 minutes to wilt the cabbage, then uncover and continue to cook for about 1 minute while stirring. Remove from heat and let cool for about 2 minutes, then add cheese and corned beef.
3. On a floured cutting board or counter, roll the dough into a foot-long log. Cut into twelve pieces and roll each piece into a circle about 6 inches wide. Fill each with 1/4 cup of the cooked cabbage and corned beef mixture.
4. Form the calzones by folding the dough circles in half and pinch the edges closed. Place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Corned beef cabbage calzones recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 50 times, 1 visit(s) today