Corned beef cabbage calzones recipe
Corned Beef & Cabbage Calzones
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Italian and Irish cuisine got together and spawned this delicious, beefy snack. Serve on St. Patrick’s Day for a different twist to the holiday.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage (1/2 of small head)
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Jarlsberg cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped deli corned beef (about 2 ounces)
- Half of 32-ounce package frozen pizza dough, thawed
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour oil into a skillet over medium heat; cook onion in hot oil until soft, about 3 minutes, then add cabbage, carrot, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Simmer covered over low heat for about 10 minutes to wilt the cabbage, then uncover and continue to cook for about 1 minute while stirring. Remove from heat and let cool for about 2 minutes, then add cheese and corned beef.
3. On a floured cutting board or counter, roll the dough into a foot-long log. Cut into twelve pieces and roll each piece into a circle about 6 inches wide. Fill each with 1/4 cup of the cooked cabbage and corned beef mixture.
4. Form the calzones by folding the dough circles in half and pinch the edges closed. Place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Reference: Corned beef cabbage calzones recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.