Giant hot ham and cheese sandwich recipe
Giant Hot Ham and Cheese SandwichThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Your weekend eating challenge: this hot sandwich stuffed with ham, cheese and veggies. Of course, if you don’t want to try to eat it yourself, you can slice it up and serve to the guys in the man cave.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 1 (1 pound) sourdough loaf, split
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound shaved deli ham
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Hollow out the sourdough loaf.
3. Pour oil into a large skillet and set over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, and onion in hot oil for about 10 minutes, until softened.
4. Spread the mayonnaise into both sides of the bread loaf. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepper.
5. Arrange 1/2 pound ham in the bottom half of the loaf. Top with 1/2 cup Colby Jack and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, then half of the cooked vegetables. Repeat layers.
6. Replace the top of the loaf, then wrap in foil. Bake for about 30 minutes, until sandwich is hot through and through. Slice and serve.
Reference: Giant hot ham and cheese sandwich recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)