Garden toast recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A delicious morning meal for any time of the year, but especially during summer. For college students and thrifters, it is also one of the meals that costs less than laundry.
Ready in: 5 mins
- 3 tbsp butter (1 tbsp opt)
- 4 eggs
- 4 thick bread slices, toasted
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 4 thin tomato slices
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp Parmesean cheese
- Salt and pepper
Prep: 2 mins | Cook: 3 mins
1. Melt 1 tbsp butter in pan on medium-low heat
2. Once butter melts, fry eggs in pan for 3 min (cover for cooked yolks)
3. Spread remaining butter on toast (opt.)
4. Sprinkle the toast with garlic
5. Lay tomato on each slice of toast, evenly sprinkle basil and oregano
6. Lay warm eggs on each slice of toast, sprinkle Parmesan over eggs
7. Salt and pepper to taste
Reference: Garden toast recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.