Fried tilapia recipe
Fried Tilapia RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. Ingredients
1. Tilapia fillets (1pound)
2. egg whites (2)
3. ice water
4. all purpose flour (1/4c)
5. yellow cornmeal (1/4c)
6. dried thymes (1tsp)
7. dried marjoram (1tsp)
8. seasoned bread crumbs (1/4c)
9. fresh ground pepper (1/2tsp)
10. salt (1/2tsp)
11. cooking spray
Method of preparation
1. First heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Take Tilapia fillets and cut them into four serving pieces if necessary.
2. Take ice water in a bowl and soak the Tilapia fillets in it for few minutes. Now rinse the Tilapia fillets in tap running water. Dry they with a paper towel and they pat them carefully.
3. Take a shallow pan or plate, put salt, pepper and flour in it and mix them together. Separates the egg yolk from the egg whites in a bowl and then beat the egg whites until get foamy and then put them in another shallow pan or plate.
4. Take one more shallow pan or plate, put the bread crumbs, yellow cornmeal, dried thymes and dried marjoram in it and then blend all these ingredients.
5. Now take Tilapia fillets, first dip them into the flour mixture then into the egg white mixture and then finally cover the fillets completely with bread crumbs mixture.
6. Take a baking pan, coat it with cooking spray. Now put the Tilapia fillets in the baking pan, place the pan in the preheated oven and then bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Now the fried Tilapia is ready to serve.
Number of servings- 4
Reference: Fried tilapia recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.