Fried gefilte fish recipe
Fried Gefilte Fish Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. 1.5 kg salmon fillets
2. 1.5 kg white fish fillets
3. 3 cup matzo meal
4. 4 carrots
5. 2 medium onions
6. 4 eggs
7. Dash sugar
8. Pepper (1tsp)
9. Salt to taste
10. Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
1. Cut the fish fillets and salmon fillets in large chunks and then grind these fillets in a grinder. Grind the onions and carrots along with the fish. Make a smooth paste.
2. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add 3 eggs and 2 cups of matzo meal to the paste formed above. Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Mix them well.
3. Beat remaining egg in bowl. Form small round balls of the fish mixture. Dip these balls in beaten egg and coat with remaining matzo meal. Deep fry in oil until cooked well. Serve hot.
Reference: Fried gefilte fish recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.