French canadian spaghetti sauce recipe
French Canadian Spaghetti SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A big batch recipe for meaty spaghetti sauce that is loaded with fresh vegetables.
Ready in: 3 hours
- 3 1/4 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 pounds lean ground beef
- 14 cups crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons thyme
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon El Ma Mia(R) spice mix for spaghetti, or to taste
- 20 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch, or as needed to thicken sauce (optional)
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 2 hours 30 mins
1. In a 3 gallon or larger pot, saute the celery, green peppers, and onions in olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and saute until lightly browned and crumbly.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, and over medium heat, allow to simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
3. Thicken sauce with corn starch as needed.
Reference: French canadian spaghetti sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)