Four cheese lasagna recipe
Four Cheese Lasagna⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Lasagna how my mom made it, and the way we all secretly love it.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 24 lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. In a large pot of water, boil noodles to desired texture, about 7 minutes for al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan on medium heat, crumble ground beef and cook until brown all the way through.
3. Add spaghetti sauce to pan, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add sauce mixture, egg, ricotta, and cottage cheese. Stir until somewhat blended and season with salt and pepper.
6. Begin layering the noodles in the baking dish. After each layer, cover with sauce mixture, then cover that with mozzarella. Repeat until dish is full.
7. If you like, add 6 little dime-sized pats of butter evenly over the surface as this will keep everything in check.
8. Cover with tinfoil, and put on the middle rack of the oven. Bake 15 to 25 minutes, until top turns golden brown.
9. Cool for 5 to 7 minutes, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top, and serve.
Tags: recipe, Four cheese lasagna recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Four cheese lasagna recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com