Filete de res al chipotle filet mignon with tomatillo chipotle sauce recipe
Filete de Res al Chipotle (Filet Mignon with Tomatillo-Chipotle Sauce)
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Fiery, sumptuous beef filets with a comforting cheese are wrapped in tortillas, and served with a spicy tomatillo sauce for an added kick!
Ready in: 35 mins
- 2 tbls corn oil
- 1 chile ancho
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, large
- 25 husked tomatillos
- 3-6 chipotles in adobo (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, diced
- 3 cups water
- as needed kosher salt
- as needed freshly ground pepper
- as needed butter
- as needed olive oil
- 8 beef filets, 4-6 ounces
- 8 slices chihuahua or manchego cheese
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Heat the 2 tablespoons corn oil in a saucepan. Fry the ancho chile just until its fragrance is released. Remove, drain and seed, if desired.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and saute them until the onion begins to soften. Add the tomatillos, chipotle, ancho and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and cook 15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
3. Grill filets or brown them in a hot skillet in butter and olive oil, seasoning with salt/pepper until they have browned on both sides. Cook just under desired doneness and place a slice of cheese on each filet; place under a broiler to melt cheese.
4. Soft-fry the tortillas and drain them on paper towels. To serve, spoon some of the salsa onto each plate and top with a tortilla, then a filet. Garnish with chopped cilantro.Alternate method
Can be wrapped and transported to outings, games, boating, etc…
Reference: Filete de res al chipotle filet mignon with tomatillo chipotle sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.