Filet mignon with maple mustard marinade recipe
Filet Mignon with Maple Mustard MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Give steak a colonial flavor. Maple syrup harvesting was one of America’s first industries.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 7 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 filet mignon steak
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Combine vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard in a bowl. Measure 2/3 cup of mixture into a large plastic resealable bag, add the steak, and seal. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator.
2. Remove steak from marinade and discard bag with used sauce. Season both sides of meat with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
4. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
5. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
6. While steaks are grilling, pour reserved marinade into a saucepan and place on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then let it cook for 2 minutes to reduce.
7. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Pour reduced marinade sauce over steak and serve.Note
Recipe makes 1 cup marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Share this content!
Reference: Filet mignon with maple mustard marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)