Family favorite dutch apple pie recipe
Family Favorite Dutch Apple PieThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Long list of family and friends that beg for this pie.
Ready in: 1 hour 40 mins
- prepared crust for single-crust pie
- 5 apples, or as needed
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
Preparation methodPrep: 40 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Prepare crust for single crust pie.
2. Peel and slice enough apples for generously fill (mounded) the pie plate you are using. Note: to keep apple slices from turning dark, soak in water with lemon juice.
3. Drain apples (if soaking). Mix apple slices with the 3/4 cups sugar and the cinnamon.
4. Cover apples with the crumb topping: Combine the 3/4 cup sugar and flour, cut in butter till crumbly consistency. Pour over pie, covering apple mixture evenly. Drizzle topping with orange juice. Place pie plate on a baking sheet to catch spills.
5. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees F; continue baking until topping is golden and apples are bubbly, about 45 minutes. (longer for Deep-Dish or Large pies)Cook’s note:
For deep dish pie, mix apples with: 1 cup sugar 1 1/2 tblsp cinnamon. Top apples with: 1 cup sugar 1 cup all purpose flour 8 tblsp butter 1 tblsp orange juice
Reference: Family favorite dutch apple pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)