Exotic mushroom risotto
Exotic Mushroom Risotto recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Serve with Grilled Rack Veal Chopsand White Bean Cassoulet.
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, tough stems removed, julienned
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, stems removed, julienned
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms, julienned
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Arborio rice (available at gourmet food stores)
- 2 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 1 cup veal stock, warmed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the butter in a large heavy bottomed non-reactive saucepan and saute the mushrooms with the shallots and rosemary. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Add the Arborio rice and cook for at least 3 minutes. Add the warm stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is incorporated. Fold in the Parmesan cheese and roasted garlic. Mold into a 4-ounce ramekin and turn out onto a warmed serving plate.
Reference: Exotic mushroom risotto
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)