Easy ziti with ground veal tomato sauce recipe
Easy Ziti with Ground Veal Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Why only have veal at Italian restaurants? With this simple recipe you can have it at home in less than an hour.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Brown veal in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about five minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered. After 20 minutes, add the reserved veal, then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. For the ziti: A good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the ziti is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Reference: Easy ziti with ground veal tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)