Easy vermicelli with ground lamb tomato sauce recipe
Easy Vermicelli with Ground Lamb Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Let the round vermicelli noodles wrap around tasty bits of lamb.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry vermicelli pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Brown ground lamb in saucepan over medium-high heat until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Heat remaining olive oil in same saucepan.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, adding cooked lamb when there’s 5 minutes left to go.
6. For the vermicelli, a good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the vermicelli is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Share this content!
Reference: Easy vermicelli with ground lamb tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)