Easy sweet and sour pork recipe
Easy Sweet and Sour Pork
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A simple recipe with common pantry ingredients. After a 1-hour marinade, you’re just 10 minutes away from flavorful pork.
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 1/4 pounds pork chops, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Combine cornstarch, water, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and ketchup in a large plastic resealable bag. Add pork; marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Pour vegetable oil into a large skillet and set over medium-high heat. Add pork and sauce from the bag.
3. Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes until pork strips turn completely white. Serve, with rice if desired.
Reference: Easy sweet and sour pork recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.