Easy spicy lamb stew recipe
Easy Spicy Lamb StewThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A classic lamb stew that’s pretty much foolproof. Not to mention filling.
Ready in: 1 hour 55 mins
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (30 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/;2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 40 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Cook the lamb in the hot oil until browned, about 6 minutes, then remove from pan.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the same pot over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in hot oil for about 5 minutes, then add remaining ingredients and return lamb to the pot.
3. Bring the stew to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 90 minutes. Serve.
Reference: Easy spicy lamb stew recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)