Easy roast beef with chipotle rub recipe
Easy Roast Beef with Chipotle Rub
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Give your next roast a Mexican kick with this spicy chipotle rub.
Ready in: 2 hours 45 mins
- 1/4 cup whole black peppercorns
- 3 dried chipotle chiles, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) beef tri-tip roast
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Grind peppercorns, chipotle, and coriander seeds in a spice grinder or food processor until coarsely ground. (Or, if you want to have a little more fun, put them between two pieces of wax paper and pound them with a rubber mallet.) Finish the spice rub by combining ground spices with thyme, salt, and steak sauce. Rub into roast.
2. Refrigerate roast for 1 hour to let spices work their magic. Then preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Position the roast on a baking rack on top of a roasting pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving to let juices settle, then slice and serve.
Reference: Easy roast beef with chipotle rub recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.