Easy fusilli with ground turkey tomato sauce recipe
Easy Fusilli with Ground Turkey Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis easy fusilli with ground turkey tomato sauce recipe is a delicious and simple dish that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. The combination of tender fusilli pasta and flavorful ground turkey in a rich tomato sauce is sure to satisfy your cravings. With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a wholesome and hearty meal on the table in no time.
Keywords: easy, fusilli, ground turkey, tomato sauce, quick.
Easy fusilli with ground turkey tomato sauce recipe details
Thick, hearty, but quick-cooking pasta dish with healthy ground turkey.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry fusilli pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Brown turkey in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about five minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered. After 20 minutes, add the reserved turkey, then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. For the fusilli: A good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the fusilli is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Easy fusilli with ground turkey tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 31 times, 1 visit(s) today