Easy fusilli with ground beef tomato sauce recipe
Easy Fusilli with Ground Beef Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Tasty ground beef gets trapped in the coils of this pasta, like dust caught in a twister. This’ll taste much better, though.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry fusilli pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Brown ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about five minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered. After 20 minutes, add the reserved ground beef, then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. For the fusilli: A good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the fusilli is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Share this content!
Reference: Easy fusilli with ground beef tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)