Easy fettuccine with ground veal tomato sauce recipe
Easy Fettuccine with Ground Veal Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis easy fettuccine with ground veal tomato sauce recipe is a delicious and satisfying dish that can be prepared in no time. The combination of tender ground veal and tangy tomato sauce creates a flavorful base for the fettuccine pasta. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can enjoy a homemade Italian meal that is sure to impress. Whether you are cooking for a family dinner or entertaining guests, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Keywords: fettuccine, ground veal, tomato sauce, easy recipe, Italian cuisine.
Easy fettuccine with ground veal tomato sauce recipe details
Red wine, some accordion music, soft lighting…all are appropriate when you’re making veal, that staple of fine Italian cooking.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Brown veal in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about five minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered. After 20 minutes, add the reserved veal, then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. For the fettuccine: A good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the fettuccine is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Easy fettuccine with ground veal tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 26 times, 1 visit(s) today