Easy chicken meatballs with buford’s floozy sauce recipe
Easy Chicken Meatballs with Buford’s Floozy SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Ever have meatballs or lil’ cocktail smokies that are swimming in a deliciously sweet and spicy sauce? A little known secret is to use a jar of chilis and a jar of grape jelly to get that wonderful flavor, but the meat itself is high in fat and calories. Well Buford got to thinkin’. What about a low fat meat like ground chicken or even ground pork?
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground chicken or pork
- 1 egg
- 1/3 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and Cheddar, if desired
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup beer or white wine
- 1/4 cup Buford’s Floozy Sauce, any flavor
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 45 mins | Extra time: 10 mins, other
1. Mix first 6 ingredients together well; a hand mixer will work quite well.
2. Heat a frying pan or dutch oven to medium high and using an ice cream scoop, form meatballs and drop into pan. Brown the meatballs, a pan at a time, turning them as they brown; transfer browned meatballs to dish and repeat process with remaining meat.
3. Return all meatballs together in large pot or dutch oven. Add orange juice and beer or wine. Cover and lower heat; simmer for 10-20 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink on the inside.
4. Take cover off pot, return heat to medium. Allow juices to cook down until they are syrupy, about 20 minutes.
5. Add Floozy Sauce, mix well. Take off heat and let stand 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Visit my blog for more
Share this content!
Reference: Easy chicken meatballs with buford’s floozy sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.