Dad’s marvelous meatloaf recipe
Dad’s Marvelous Meatloaf
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
A simple but tasty meatloaf recipe. My wife & kids love this meatloaf.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 6 to 8 saltine crackers, crumbled
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard loaf pan with aluminum foil.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine crackers, onion, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and ground beef by hand, gently.
3. Form into loaf and put in loaf pan. Pat down in place. Open tomato soup and pour over meat in pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour.Serving Suggestion
My wife likes to start the oven at 400 degrees and put potatoes in oven on side. After 15 minutes, turn temperature down to 350 degrees, put in meatloaf and cook for one hour. Baked potatoes & meatloaf are both done at that time.
Reference: Dad’s marvelous meatloaf recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.