Crabmeat au gratin recipe
Crabmeat Au Gratin
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
True Louisiana backwoods crabmeat au gratin.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 pounds crabmeat
- salt/pepper/spice to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Caramelize onions in butter. Add flour and blend. Add milk and blend.
3. Remove from heat and add yolks (dont let them cook), crabmeat, spice.
4. Cover with cheese and bake at 350 covered for 20 minutes.
Reference: Crabmeat au gratin recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.