Corned beef irish breakfast strata recipe
Corned Beef Irish Breakfast StrataThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
The ideal St. Patrick’s Day breakfast (or to make the weekend after with your leftover corned beef).
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day old bread (rye, if desired), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked, shredded corned beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Distribute 1/2 pound bread cubes and 1/2 cup Swiss cheese in the bottom of the dish. Cover with corned beef and Cheddar cheese.
2. Pour oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and onions in hot oil for about 6 minutes. Pour over the corned beef and Cheddar in the baking dish.
3. Top strata with spinach, the last 1/2 cup of Swiss cheese, and the rest of the bread cubes.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs with milk and onion powder, garlic powder, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over the strata, then cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in refrigerator. Let strata soak for 8 hours, or overnight.
5. Half an hour before you want to bake the strata, remove it from the fridge and uncover so it can start warming up. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
6. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
Share this content!
Reference: Corned beef irish breakfast strata recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)