Corn fritters with mango and avocado salsa
Corn Fritters with Mango and Avocado Salsa recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- Fritters Ingredients
- Two 12-ounce cans cream-style corn
- One 12-ounce can whole-kernel corn
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 12 eggs
- Enough flour to thicken (approximately 1-1/2 cups)
- Mango and Avocado Salsa Ingredients
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 1 ripe avocado – halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup diced red (Spanish) onion
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Fritters: Combine corn, onions, eggs, and add enough flour to thicken mixture. Pour 1/4 of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side. Top with salsa.
Mango and Avocado Salsa: Working with 1 mango at a time, cut off the flesh from each side of the big, flat pit to form 2 large pieces. Discard the pit. Using a knife, score the flesh lengthwise and then crosswise into 1/2-inch squares, cutting through to the skin. Then, holding the mango over the bowl, slip a spoon between the skin and the flesh to cut away the flesh, allowing the cubes to fall into a bowl. Add the avocado, jalapeno, onion, lime zest, lime juice, orange juice, chopped cilantro, and olive oil. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serves: 8 to 10
Reference: Corn fritters with mango and avocado salsa
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.