Cinnamon doughnuts recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Every morning is a better morning when you start it with deep-fried bread–a.k.a. doughnuts.
Ready in: 2 hours 55 mins
Makes: 24 doughnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup 2-percent milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Extra time: 2 hours, chilling
1. Whisk butter together with 1 cup sugar for 2 minutes. Then beat in the eggs, one egg at a time.
2. In a separate bowl, stir flour together with baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
3. Beat some of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, then add some of the milk. Repeat, alternating between dry ingredients and milk, until all is incorporated.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Chill for 2 hours.
5. Sprinkle a cutting board with flour, then turn the dough out onto the cutting board. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to 1/4-inch thick; cut into doughnut shapes with a doughnut cutter.
6. Fill deep fryer with oil according to manufacturer’s instructions. Turn temperature to 375 degrees F.
7. When oil is hot, work in batches to fry the doughnuts until they are brown on both sides. Drain.
8. In a shallow pie pan, stir 1/2 cup sugar together with 2 teaspoons cinnamon. While doughnuts are still warm, dredge in the mixture.
Reference: Cinnamon doughnuts recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.