Cinnamon apple waffles recipe
Cinnamon Apple Waffles
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
These yummy apple cinnamon waffles are sure to please any crowd. They are fluffy, flavorful and lovely topped with some apple pie filling and fresh maple syrup! They are lower in fat than most waffles but do not lack in taste or texture.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups skim milk
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup pre-made canned apple pie filling, mashed
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 5 mins | Extra time: 15 mins
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. Stir in milk, oil and egg substitute until mixture is smooth. Add cinnamon and mashed pie filling and stir until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
5. Spray waffle iron with non stick cooking spray (done before each waffle batch). Pour mixture into iron, spreading evenly. Bake waffles until golden brown.
Reference: Cinnamon apple waffles recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.