Chocolate peanut butter cheesecake recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I wanted to have a cheesecake that had our two favorite desserts, chocolate and peanut butter. It is not that hard to prepare.
Ready in: 2 hours 40 mins
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/3 cup white chocolate
- Chocolate Section:
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- .8 tablespoons cocoa
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Peanut Butter Section:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg whites
Prep: 1 hour | Cook: 1 hour 40 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Put all of the crust ingredients except the butter into a food processor and grind until it has a coarse consistency. Melt the butter and mix all crust ingredients together thoroughly. Spread into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
4. For the chocolate section, place chocolate morsels in the top of a double boiler until melted. Beat the cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until thoroughly blended. Stir in melted chocolate, cocoa, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
5. For peanut butter section, mix cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and cottage cheese and mix well. Stir in peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla and mix well. Add egg whites and mix until thoroughly blended.
6. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over the crust. Pour the peanut butter mixture on top of that and spread lightly until you cannot see any of the chocolate mixture. Spread the remaining chocolate mixture on top of peanut butter mixture until completely covered.
7. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour and 40 minutes.
8. Let cool. Cover with chopped up chocolate peanut butter cups.
Reference: Chocolate peanut butter cheesecake recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.