Chipotles adobados pickled chiles in adobo sauce recipe
Chipotles Adobados (Pickled Chiles in Adobo Sauce)This article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe is all about creating a tangy and spicy condiment - chipotles adobados pickled chiles in adobo sauce. The smoky and flavorful chipotle peppers are marinated in a rich adobo sauce, resulting in a deliciously fiery combination. This versatile condiment can be used to add a kick to tacos, sandwiches, or even as a topping for burgers. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make your own batch of these pickled chiles that will elevate any dish with its bold flavors.
Keywords: chipotles, adobados, pickled chiles, adobo sauce, spicy condiment.
Chipotles adobados pickled chiles in adobo sauce recipe details
These sweet-hot pickled chiles can be the basis of a sauce of their own if they’re further puréed, or they can be served as a condiment with enchiladas and other main dishes. Makes a great meat and poultry marinade or a BBQ sauce for ribs.
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup piloncillo or packed brown sugar
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chipotle chiles in adobo
- 6 Serrano chiles, finely chopped with seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) can pureed Roma tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Saute onion in oil until lightly browned. Stir in 1/2 of the vinegar, 1/2 of the garlic and the piloncillo. Cook this mixture for about 20 minutes, then add the chipotles.
2. In another pan, combine the Serrano chiles, tomato puree, remaining vinegar and garlic, black pepper, bay leaf, cumin, and salt to taste. Cook for about 30 minutes, covered, over medium heat. Add the chipotle chile mixture. Puree the sauce with an immersion blender, and store in jars in the refrigerator.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Chipotles adobados pickled chiles in adobo sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.