Chinese roast chicken
Recipe for chinese roast chickenThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introChinese roast chicken is a flavorful and succulent dish that combines the rich flavors of Chinese spices with tender and juicy roasted chicken. This recipe is a perfect blend of sweet and savory, creating a mouthwatering aroma that will surely entice your taste buds. The marinade infuses the chicken with a delightful combination of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and other traditional Chinese seasonings, resulting in a delightful burst of flavors with every bite. Whether you're looking for a delicious weeknight dinner or an impressive dish to serve at a gathering, this Chinese roast chicken recipe is sure to impress.
Keywords: Chinese, roast chicken, flavorful, succulent, marinade.
Chinese roast chicken detailsINGREDIENTS:
1 chicken of approx. 2kg, cleaned
1 tbsp five spice powder
1 tbsp sugar
½ tbsp salt
Dash of pepper
For rubbing skin:
6 tbsp maltose
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp black vinegar
2 cups water
- Rub seasoning ingredients into the cavity of chicken. Marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Combine all ingredients for rubbing skin in a pot. Heat the mixture until all maltose is melted. Bring it to a boil.
- Pour syrup onto chicken. Soak the chicken in the syrup for about 10 minutes. Turn the chicken over a few times so that the whole chicken is nicely coloured by the syrup.
- Hang the chicken as shown in the picture. Dry for another 2 hours.
- Roast chicken in preheated oven at 200-220 degC for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked and the skin is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before chopping the chicken into serving pieces. Garnish with lemon slices, parsley or coriander leaves and serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Chinese roast chicken
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 25 times, 1 visit(s) today