Cherry Muffins recipe
- 2 cups plus 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned pitted tart red cherries, drained.
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
In mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in center and set aside. In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, butter and extract. Add to flour mixture all at once; stir just until moistened. Gently fold in cherries. Spoon into well-greased muffin tins. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool a few minutes before removing from pan.
Tags: recipe, Cherry muffins, cooking, diy