Cheese and spinach pie
Cheese and Spinach Pie
- 12 ounces frozen tater tots, thawed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 link Italian sausage, cooked
- Fresh spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes hot sauce
Put thawed tater tots into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 350-degree oven. Remove from oven. Spread onion and red bell pepper evenly over potatoes. Thinly slice sausage and scatter over potatoes. Wash and dry spinach leaves. Spread a layer of spinach leaves about 3 to 5 leaves thick. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over spinach.
Beat eggs in a small bowl. Stir in milk, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce into eggs. Pour evenly over spinach. Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes (or until egg mixture is set). Can be served hot from the oven or at room temperature.
Tags: recipe, Cheese and spinach pie, cooking, diy