Catfish po boy sandwich recipe
Catfish Po’Boy Sandwich
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
A creamy, spicy catfish sandwich inspired by the restaurants of Bourbon St. Beads not necessary.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup tartar sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 4 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together the buttermilk and hot pepper sauce. Place catfish in the bowl and let sit for 10 minutes to marinate. Meanwhile, toss lettuce with tartar sauce in a second bowl.
2. Pour oil into a skillet and place over medium-high heat.
3. In a shallow dish, sift together the flour and seafood seasoning. Lift a catfish fillet out of the buttermilk and dredge it in the dry seasoning. Repeat with remaining fillets, placing each in the hot oil after dredging.
4. Fry the catfish for about 3 minutes, then flip and continue to fry for 4 more minutes, until golden brown. Drain.
5. In each sandwich bun, place a portion of the lettuce tartar sauce mixture, some of the tomato slices, and a fried catfish fillet. Serve.
Reference: Catfish po boy sandwich recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.