Butcher’s shepherd’s pie recipe
Butcher’s Shepherd’s Pie
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a down-home country favorite where I come from. You get a taste of this and your stomach will keep asking for more..more..more!!
Ready in: 55 mins
- 3 pounds burger or loose sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 5 pounds potatoes, mashed
- 2 (16 ounce) bags petite mixed vegetables
- 3 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red hot sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large frying pan combine and cook the burger ,celery salt, and onion and fry until burger is brown.
3. Mash potatoes(thicker and creamier the better).
4. Combine the meat, mixed veggies, tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, and red hot sauce in large baking dish or 2- 9×13 dishes. Mix it all together well and spread out evenly. Spread mashed potatoes over the top. Sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Bake in the preheated oven covered for 30 minutes; uncover and bake for 5 minutes.
Reference: Butcher’s shepherd’s pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.