Big daddy’s cajun fried catfish recipe
Big Daddy’s Cajun Fried CatfishThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing "Big Daddy's Cajun Fried Catfish Recipe," a mouthwatering dish that brings the flavors of the Cajun cuisine to your plate. This recipe combines the crispy goodness of fried catfish with a bold and spicy Cajun seasoning blend, resulting in a dish that is both satisfying and full of flavor. Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue or looking for a delicious weeknight meal, this recipe is sure to impress. So grab your frying pan and get ready to enjoy a taste of the South with Big Daddy's Cajun Fried Catfish Recipe.
Keywords: Cajun, fried catfish, recipe, bold flavors, Southern cuisine
Big daddy's cajun fried catfish recipe details
Want to know how to fry up the perfect southern catfish? This classic recipe dips the fish fillets in mustard and hot sauce before breading with seasoned corn flour.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 3 cups yellow corn flour
- 1 cup white corn flour
- 1/4 cup Tony Chachere’s(R) (or your favorite Creole seasoniong), plus more for sprinkling
- 4 pounds catfish fillets
- oil for frying
Preparation methodPrep: 45 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Extra time: 10 mins
1. Whisk the mustard and hot sauce together in a bowl until smooth. Combine the corn flours with 1/4 cup of Creole seasoning in a separate bowl.
2. Dip the catfish fillets into the mustard mixture, and shake off excess. Press into the seasoned corn flour until well coated, then set aside on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Sprinkle the breaded fillets with additional Creole seasoning if desired.
3. Heat the frying oil to 350 degrees F in a fryer or large pot.
4. Gently fry the catfish fillets 4 or 5 at a time until they are golden brown and float to the top of the oil, about 3 minutes. Take out and drain on a pan lined with a brown paper bag or paper towels. You may want to sprinkle with Tony’s again…
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Big daddy’s cajun fried catfish recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 59 times, 1 visit(s) today