Best french fries ever recipe
Best French Fries EverThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I made these to stand up to my best hamburgers. Prepared as directed, they come out very crispy and flavorful. Because potatoes are very starchy they tend to take on the flavor of your oil through absorption. You can use that to your advantage by flavoring your oil with different spices or ingredients to suit your tastes. A little minced garlic or onion is sometimes a nice variation.
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 48 Oz Canola Oil (or Wesson Best Blend)
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning Salt (Lawry’s)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 45 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Extra time: 15 mins, cooling
1. Rinse potatoes well, and cut into fries (about 1/4 thick). Place raw fries in a large bowl, add the minced onion and sugar, then cover with cold water. Add some ice to get the water very cold, stir well, then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Pour oil into a deep fryer and add the seasoning & garlic salts. Stir, then preheat the oil to 325 degrees.
3. Drain the raw fries, then pat dry with paper towels. Place the fries in the fryer basket and fry for 4 to 5 minutes, removing them just before they begin to brown. Drain and let them rest and cool for about 15 minutes.
4. Reheat oil to 400 degrees, then re-add the fries to the oil for about 2 minutes, or until nicely browned.
5. Drain on paper towels, add some pepper (and salt if needed to suit your tastes) and enjoy!
Reference: Best french fries ever recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)