Bbq chicken baked potatoes recipe
BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A great, meaty, savory filling for baked potatoes. Cooks all day in the slow cooker, so when you come home, all you need to do is bake the potatoes and pile on the goodness.
Ready in: 6 hours 15 mins
- 4-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 10 medium potatoes, baked
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 6 hours
1. Spray the bowl of a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken and garlic powder; toss to coat, then arrange onion rings over the chicken. Pour remaining ingredients over the chicken and onions.
2. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on LOW. Turn off the slow cooker and let the chicken cool slightly, then remove the meat from the slow cooker.
3. Pick the chicken meat off the bones. Throw out the bones and onion, shred the chicken, and return to the slow cooker to heat it back up.
4. Serve over baked potatoes.
Reference: Bbq chicken baked potatoes recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.