Basil parmesan spread recipe
Basil Parmesan Spread recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup (3 ounces) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese (such as montrachet) room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, well drained
- Assorted crackers and breads.
Line 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap, leaving 4-inch overhang.
Combine spinach, basil and garlic in processor and chop finely. With machine running, gradually add oil through feed tube. Add parmesan and process until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium bowl until well blended. Spread 1/3 of cream cheese mixture in bottom of prepared bowl. Spread 1/2 of spinach mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle with half of the walnuts. Arrange 1/2 of the tomatoes over. Drop 1/3 of cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls over tomatoes. Carefully spread to cover evenly.
Repeat layering with remaining spinach mix, walnuts, tomatoes and cream cheese.
Fold plastic overhang over top of spread. Press gently to compact. Refrigerate overnight (can be made 3 days ahead of time).
Unfold plastic on top and invert spread onto a plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Serve with crackers and breads.
Reference: Basil parmesan spread recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.