- 1 eggplant
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
Bake eggplant in a 350-degree oven until soft. Cut eggplant in half and scrape out pulp, and rough chop.
Place all ingredients, except parsley, into a blender. Puree until smooth, taste for salt, and garnish with chopped parsley.
Serve with toasted pita bread wedges.
Tags: recipe, Baba ghannooj, cooking, diy