Assorted Muffins recipe
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (can use all or part whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons double acting baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped nuts, or chopped dates (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas or 1 cup canned pumpkin (add 1 teaspoon cinnamon to canned pumpkin)
Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Optional: add raisins or chopped nuts or dates to dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs and melted butter. Add milk, then banana or pumpkin to egg mixture.
Add liquids mixture to dry ingredient mixture. Stir only until flour is moistened. Do not overbeat. Mixture will be somewhat lumpy. Fill well-greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes; serve warm.
Tags: recipe, Assorted muffins, cooking, diy