Apples and oatmeal recipe
Apples and Oatmeal recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
- 4 cups peeled and sliced apples (juicy apples like MacIntosh)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats (not old-fashioned)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, finely ground (optional)
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (optional)
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
Place apples in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nuts and/or wheat germ (if using), and butter or margarine, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs over apples.
Bake in preheated oven (375 degrees) about 30 minutes or until apples are tender and crumbs are golden brown. Serve warm or cold with cream or yogurt mixed with a little maple syrup.
Variation: Peaches and Oatmeal. Use 4 cups peaches in place of apples in above recipe. If peaches are tart, sweeten slightly. Prepare and bake as directed above.
Serves: 6. Double for 12 servings.
Reference: Apples and oatmeal recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.