Apple sausage quiche recipe
Apple Sausage Quiche recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- One 9-inch deep dish pastry shell
- 1/2 pound lean seasoned bulk sausage (Italian or Breakfast)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Granny Smith apples (or other hard, tart apple) — peeled, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 to 2 egg yolks
- 1 to 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, half & half, or low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon, oregano, or parsley
Thaw pastry shell. Saute onion in butter until translucent. Add sausage and sprinkle with brown sugar. Break sausage up into small pieces while cooking. Drain sausage well on paper towels. Place in thawed pastry shell.
Saute apples in a little butter, 2 to 3 minutes. Spread over sausage. Spread cheese over apples.
Beat eggs and dairy product. Pour over mixture in pastry shell. Sprinkle with seasoning.
Bake at 350 degrees and cook for about 25 to 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Each quiche will feed 5 to 6 people.
Reference: Apple sausage quiche recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.