Apple crostata recipe
Apple Crostata RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
For crust Ingredients
1. flour (1 1/4c)
2. butter (4 tbsp)
3. solid vegetable shortening (4tbsp)
4. sugar (1tbsp)
5. salt (1/2tsp)
6. ice water
For crunch topping Ingredients
1. flour (1/3c)
2. brown sugar (1/3c)
3. old fashioned oatmeal (1/4c)
4. melted butter (3tbsp)
For filling Ingredients
1. Flour (1heaping tablespoon)
2. egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon of water (1)
3. apricot preserves (3-4)
4. cinnamon (1/2tsp)
5. sugar (1/4c)
6. apples (3medium)
7. confectioner sugar for dusting
8. pinch of fine sea salt
Method of preparation
1. Take a food processor, mix flour, sugar and salt in it. Pulse shortening and butter in it until the mixture looks like cornmeal. Add enough water to make dough of this mixture.
2. Place it in disk, and wrap it and then keep it in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. By mixing all the ingredients make crunch topping. Keep it aside.
3. Take apples peel them and then thinly sliced them. Take a bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon in it and then add sliced apples in it. Coat them with the mixture.
4. Now heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Roll the dough on the lightly floured surface in circle shape. Spread apricot preserves in the center of the circle leaving the 3 inches border.
5. Now place the apples in layers until all the apples slices are used. Sprinkle the leftover topping and then fold the border of the dough up around the edges of the filling.
6. Take a baking sheet, place paper with crostata on it. Brush the top of the dough with egg yolk mixture. Now place the baking sheet in oven and bake it for 40 minutes.
7. Now take off the sheet from the oven and cover the dough with foil to prevent burning. Again place it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes again. Now place crostata with paper on wire rack to cool.
8. When it gets ready then dust confectioner sugar over it before serving. Serve it with ice cream or with whipped cream.
Reference: Apple crostata recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.